10 Uncomfortable Situations for Traditional Burundian Fathers who have daughters
- Changing the daughter’s diaper (big taboo for some dads).
- Going into the daughter’s room (safer to call out from the doorway).
- Seeing daughter wearing a skirt or dress falling above the knee (eyebrows’ frown).
- Realizing the daughter is developing women’s curves (look of horror).
- Telling the daughter to sit more “lady-like” (dad will send mom to tell her).
- Seeing daughter wear make-up for the first time (unrecognizable to dad).
- Talking to daughter about boys (usually mom’s duty).
- Accepting the daughter’s husband (do they ever accept the son-in-law or just tolerate him?).
- Watching the daughter’s pregnant belly (awkward for both…)
- Sleeping over at the daughter’s marital home (only if son’s house is not an option).
4,057 total views, 28 views today