Indundi Diaspora Radio began with the intention of providing timely and relevant news, social and cultural information, opinions and analysis to the Burundian community.
Indundi Diaspora Radio is strictly designed to serve Burundian community in America. Like any other ethnic/community radio, Indundi also by large remains close to the community it serves. In short, it is for the community by the community. We are trying to bridge the gap that is missing which is communication. Indundi radio offers a discussion forum where individuals can share ideas, concerns, hopes, and dreams.
The main objective is to provide a marketplace of ideas where our listeners can make the ultimate judgment on the merits of ideas presented. We serve as a forum for the expressions of diverse views in our community.
Apart from providing the information about the current events, our radio programs advance the development of community’s sense of social responsibility about social issues, and provide a way through which responsibility can be translated into action. In addition, through our weekly programs we encourage the community to be able to interact with one another. To work as volunteers, and to become members of different initiatives in the community. Additionally, we encourage people to freely share their knowledge, experience, skills and their time to make our community a better place to live as well as to play an active role in local issues, events and activities.
Most of us came to America today because of historical accident of one form or another. It’s now of course up to us, both individually and collectively to do everything within our power to go forth and claim a piece of the American dream. That of course, includes fully participating in the American political process. Our media plays vital role in this regard.
Through our discussions and programs, we encourage members of our community to integrate smoothly in the society they have come to live in and enable them to build and lead a settled life.
It is our hope that our objectives will be achieved through hard work.
1. Working for the development of free press particularly free mass media; such as radio, and television.
2. Assessing the need and pressing issues affecting immigrants and connecting them with educational, legal, health and social services through appropriate information.
3. Disseminate important and current information among Burundians.
4. Work to raise the awareness of Burundians values, process and institutional mechanism which make democracy key concept among Burundians.
5. Reinforce Burundian cultural norms, creativity, values, tradition so that Burundians in Diaspora will maintain their identity while contributing to their new communities they live in and their bond with Burundi.
6. Make available Burundian literature and information on and provide forums for free discussions regarding Art and Culture.
7. Reinforce Burundian cultural norms, creativity, values, tradition so that Burundians abroad will maintain their identity while contributing to their new communities they live in and their bond with Burundi.
8. Connects young aspiring writers, artists and photographers with peers around the globe, foster cross-cultural understanding, & promote and defends free press.
9. Hosting and producing Artistic events to promote Burundians creative art work and make discourse on them; to flourish by building a dynamic and powerful artistic community.